Search support for researchers and doctoral students
As a researcher or doctoral student at the University of Gothenburg, you can book an appointment with a librarian for individual help with strategic information searches, for example prior to a research application, an article, or a literature review.
Search support and reference management
We provide support in many parts of the information search process, adapted based on your needs and research area. Contact us for help with areas such as the following:
- Database selection, older catalogues and other search tools.
- Keyword selection and a review of search techniques.
- Search result management.
- Reference management in Endnote and Zotero
Support for literature reviews
Are you considering writing a review article? Whether it is a systematic overview, a scoping review, or some other type of review, our librarians offer support for literature searches as well as documentation of searches and selection. We help you with the following:
- Design search strategies for the databases you want to use.
- Perform the searches in selected databases.
- Do you want to follow the Prisma statement for overviews? We are happy to discuss method choices that may be relevant to you.
- Strategic use of Endnote or Zotero to document your selection of literature
- Tips on tools used for screening articles to facilitate the selection of literature
Guidance to our cultural heritage collections
Do you need help finding older materials such as manuscripts or do you want to do research on our archives from persons and organisations? Some of the library's older material is searchable online, but most of it is only available in manual directories and card catalogs. We are happy to guide you to the library's exciting cultural heritage collections. We offer the following:
- Guidance on how to find everything from digitised older material to physical manuscripts, older maps and archives from persons.
- Demonstrations of special collections and archive material in various subject areas.
- Help with digitisation and copies of physical material.
If we do not have what you are looking for here at the library, we will guide you to other resources in Sweden.
Contact us to book an appointment
Fill in the contact form to book an appointment with one of our librarians. Please describe your topic or issue, so that we may provide efficient help. We respond via e-mail or telephone. Enter your e-mail address or your telephone number and we will get in touch.