Only students and staff at Gothenburg University can visit the library to pick up or return books. Your loans are renewed automatically, you will receive a reminder when it’s time to return an item. Use our self-service machines and outdoor book drops for borrowing and returns. About the library's adjusted service
Forskarsnabben, Autumn 2019 Schedule at Biomedical library
On September 18th, it’s time again for the Forskarsnabben / Researcher Drop-in autumn series! The series is held at Academicum, Medicinarenlängan and Geovetarcentrum. In 20 minute sessions, staff from The Biomedical Library will discuss useful tools, techniques and services available to you in your everyday research. No registration needed. Coffee, tea and breakfast sandwiches will be served.
How to find full-text articles?
Organize your EndNote life
Learn how to work with EndNote on multiple computers and backing-up your EndNote-library. We will show you how to organize your EndNote-life effectively with a number of great features!
- 2/10 Curt Weibull, Academicum, 08.15
- 3/10 Geovetarcentrums ALC-room, 08.30
- 9/10 Stina Stenhagen, Academicum, 08.15
So many articles, so little time…
The amount of articles published continues to grow, and hence there is a need for tools helping us get an overview of our topic. In our session, we will show Epistemonikos and TRIP, two databases that collect evidence based medical literature from a wide range of sources. We will also look into Dimensions, a linked research information system.
- 16/10 Stina Stenhagen, Academicum, 08.15
- 17/10 Geovetarcentrums ALC-room, 08.30
- 23/10 Curt Weibull, Academicum, 08.15
Recognizing predatory journals and publishers
Do you receive a lot of emails inviting you to publish with new exciting journals, offering instant publishing, open access and great impact for your article? We will discuss how to recognize quality publishers from questionable.
- 30/10 Stina Stenhagen, Academicum, 08.15
- 31/10 Geovetarcentrums ALC-room, 08.30
- 6/11 Curt Weibull, Academicum, 08.15
Data Management Plan
Many funding agencies require a Data Management Plan with your funding request. But, what is it and how do you write one?
- 13/11 & 20/11 Stina Stenhagen, Academicum, 08.15
- 14/11 Geovetarcentrums ALC-room, 08.30
Planning on writing a systematic review? In our session, we will show methods, guidelines and checklists you can utilize to ease the processes of finding, screening, and evaluating copious amounts of literature!
- 27/11 & 4/12 Curt Weibull, Academicum, 08.15
- 28/11 Geovetarcentrums ALC-room, 08.30
An updated version of PubMed is being launched – together we will have a sneak preview on new features!
- 11/12 Curt Weibull, Academicum, 08.15
- 12/12 Geovetarcentrums ALC-room, 08.30
- 18/12 Stina Stenhagen, Academicum, 08.15