Social Sciences Library opens at Vasagatan 2
At the end of September, the Social Sciences Library will open the premises at Vasagatan 2 for study spaces, guidance and support in digital collections and services.
Due to the construction of the West Link Project, the Social Sciences Library moved from the building at Vasagatan 2 to temporary premises at Föreningsgatan 20 at the end of 2021. Due to the relocation, the number of study spaces decreased. When the Social Sciences Library reopens on Vasagatan, students will have access to more study spaces and the opportunity to study in a unique environment.
Temporarily two Social Sciences Libraries
The Social Sciences Library on Föreningsgatan will remain open with full library services, study spaces and access to textbooks, journals and collections as well as printing and copying. As course literature and other printed materials remain on Föreningsgatan, there will be no books available at Vasagatan. This means that it is also not possible to request literature for pick up or return borrowed books at Vasagatan.
At Vasagatan, the focus will be on support and guidance in digital services and collections as well as a place to study. At the opening, there will be access to a silent reading room and areas for collaboration and individual study. Later in the autumn, the microfilm collection and bookable group rooms will also be available. The Social Sciences Library on Vasagatan will be open on weekdays from 10.00–16.00.
– "We want to give students the opportunity to study in the special environment that the building on Vasagatan offers. Now we just hope that it won't be too noisy when the West Link Project starts again," says Anette Eliasson, Head of the Social Science Library.
If students experience disturbances and noise from the West Link Project construction at Vasagatan , they are welcome to use one of the other libraries at the University Library. Both the Social Sciences Library on Föreningsgatan and the Economics Library are in the neighbourhood. More information about the opening will be available on the library's website.
What visitors can expect
Services on Vasagatan
Open weekdays 10.00-16.00.
At the opening
- Study spaces and silent reading room
- Guidance and support in digital collections and services
Later in the autumn
- Group study rooms
- Access to microfilms
Services at Föreningsgatan
- Open weekdays 8.00-20.00 and Saturdays 10.00-16.00
- Study spaces
– Silent reading room
– Group study rooms
– Resource room (reading studio)
- Textbooks, book collections and journals for the Faculty of Social Sciences.
- Library guidance in digital and physical collections and services
- Printing and copying