The Biomedical, Humanities and Social Sciences Library are open weekdays 12:00–16:00. Study environments are closed. We are now strengthening the University Library's remote services for students, teachers and researchers. Read more about the changes.
Using the library as a distance student
As a distance student at the University of Gothenburg, you can use our services and resources even if you cannot visit the library.
Find and access digital course literature
The library will give you access to e-books, articles in e-journals and other digital course literature that is not available online for free. Follow these steps to access your course literature:
- Find the title you need in Supersearch.
- Click on the link ”Full text available” by the title you are interested in.
- Log in with your GU account, gus-id, when the login page for Gothenburg University is shown.
Borrow and order physical books
As a student, you automatically have a library account and can search and order in Supersearch through your regular login with gus-id.
Distance students can have books sent home
If you are a distance student at the University of Gothenburg and live outside the Gothenburg region, your books can be sent home. To order books you must contact us.
To order a textbook, follow these steps:
- Use Supersearch to make sure that the book you need is available.
- Fill out the order form below and ask for the book to be sent to you. Enter the title, your home address and the distance course at which you are registered.
- Send the information to the library that has an available copy of the book, and it will be delivered faster.
If the book is not available, you can place a hold directly in Supersearch. When the book has arrived you will receive a message that the book is available for pick up at one of the libraries. Contact that library to have the book sent home by mail instead.
You are responsible for returning the books to the library on time, whether you send them by mail or return them by other means. You pay the return postage yourself.
If you return textbooks after the loan expires you will have to pay a fine. This also applies if you renew your loan after the loan have expired. The fine is SEK 10 per day and textbook.
Renew in My Loans
Use the My Loans service to renew your loans and update your contact information. You log in with your gus-id.
Service if you have a reading impairment
The University Library provides extended support to those with a reading impairment. You can get help with customized course literature, longer loan periods on textbooks and access to support software.
Contact the library if you have questions about our resources and services for distance students.